Friday, May 16, 2014

Owen Says,

Watching Owen's language skills develop has to be one my absolute favorite things. I haven't been great at recording all his stats and such lately but I do love keeping track of all the funny new things he says each week. I usually use the notes app on my phone to quickly record what funny word or phrase he's using. I hope to at least keep track of this over the next year. 





a few of my favorites. "Bug Me." when there was a rolly- poly crawling on him.
"Out Time." for Time Out. Putting this kid in time out is pretty much hilarious. I try so hard to keep a straight face and be stern but it never works. 
"Alarm cary"-Alarm Scary when our fire alarm randomly goes off. He puts his hands together and makes a "scary face." So funny. 
"uh oh car coming." when we stop to cross the street. He says it in such a serious little voice. 
"Nak please."-Napkin Please. I didn't even realize he had really starting using the word napkin but he surprised me when he asked for a napkin after spilling his soup on his shorts. 
And his longest utterance yet, "Man ladder, Papa climb ladder clip tree." After we saw a Man standing on a ladder painting a house. But he remember and made the correlation to the time C climbed a ladder to trim the tree branches in the backyard. The things this kid remembers amazes me! 


next up Claire stats. I promise. 


Have a great weekend, friends! 

12 comments:

Jenny @ jennycollier.com said...

He is so cute. I think it's so special that you document the things he's saying. You'll love looking back on that!

hello erin said...

i LOVE it!! he's so so cute. and i love hearing their voices and what they say. . . its crazy hearing what they remember and put together. SO CUTE!

Meghan said...

Wow he's very verbal! Very cute too :)

Ashley @ Life on the Parsons Farm said...

oh so fun! I just love it when littles start learning new words and phrases! can't wait for that with Ellie!

atparsons.blogspot.com

kate said...

"Homa city" Love it!!! He is doing so well. My little monkey is still barely talking at 26months!
Currently trying to convince insurance he needs speech therapy! But he's so darn stubborn. I'm sure he'll go from nothing to full sentences:)
Have a great weekend!

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

I love the things kids say! I am very impatiently waiting for Aria's words to take off.

Brittany said...

Love this!! I think it's just so cute when they start to string words together - makes them seem so old!!! Charlie had a few phrases and I love it so much :)

Sara Elizabeth said...

That is the cutest ever!!! I think I had the same high chair!!! Love the bug me!!

Jenny @ Creatively Blooming said...

One day he'll think alarm clocks are scary too! ;-)

Vanessa C said...

I love this!!! I may have to steal this idea so Arden's sayings make it out of my iPhone someday ;) I especially love "homa-city" and "nak please"! Such a sweetie pie!!!

Elizabeth {Chasin' Mason} said...

So sweet! I love hearing their little voices!

Chrissy@SimpleJoysBlog said...

Wow, he says a lot! I am impressed!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS