Monday, May 12, 2014

Mothers Day 2014

Well hello, blog friends!!! I have missed you and this little space. Never did I ever plan on neglecting this little space for so long but what can I say, life happened. And caring for two kids is no joke. As so many of you well know!!

So, of course, I have too much to catch up  but since my memory is still fresh with Mother's Day happenings lets talk about that shall we? 

What a beautiful simple and happy day with my little fam. Here's a quick recap- 

My sweet, handsome hubby let me sleep in which in it of itself was a huge treat!!! Once I rolled out of bed, which was actually really only about an hour later but felt like at least a few, we had donuts and kolaches!! My fav.  We then hit the ground running attempting to get ready for church. All I can say is I am so thankful our church is literally 3 blocks away or we would never make it on time. After church we attempted a pic... 


Which was clearly not the best!! ha We were pushing nap time and both kids were ready for bed. 

Afternoon Naps were had by everyone!!! And it was the best. What is it about Sunday naps that are so much better than any other day of the week?! 

After nap we attempted a few more pictures before we went on a bike/stroller ride to get Raspas (Mexican Sno Cones) boys biked/ girls strolled. 

( do you spy that sweet little fort back there? I'll try and talk about that soon, too) 


Owen's looking at the camera....

Claire's looking at the camera... Kind of;) 

And Mom's trying not to fall over! Ha




This was Claire's first ride in the stroller without the carseat adaptor. Although to be honest she has really only been in that a few times too. She prefers to be worn, meaning in the baby carrier at all times! 

She was cozy.


Owen- "Stop Car!" 


It was hot but fun. Owen ran around the little picnic tables stopping for a few bites here and there, and Claire took it all in giving us some coos and happy smiles. 




We made our way back home but not without a nursing pit stop in the neighborhood park. Not something I would have been very comfortable doing with Owen but have grown quite accustomed to nursing absolutely anywhere this time around. 

We finished the day with dinner on the deck picking up take out from our new favorite Doner Kepab restaurant. 


Owen ended his day like this 


and Claire gave me her first real giggles while I was giving her Eskimo kisses!!! Best. Gift. Ever. 

It was one of my most favorite days we have had as a family of four. Just such  simple and special moments with the loves of my life. 

I am amazed everyday at how challenging, yet rewarding this job is. Being a Momma is a calling, it's a blessing, and it is truly sanctifying. 

I hope that you had an amazing day with your loved ones as well. Mothering is about nurturing, whether that be to your own children or not, if you nurture others I pray you know you're a blessing. 

Thanks for reading friends. 

(Easter recap soon?!- yea, Easter happened before Mother's Day I know:) 

17 comments:

rachel said...

Baby giggles?? Nothing better! And Sunday naps?? The best! What a beautiful family you have and they are blessed to have you as their mama. Cheers to you!

Karra Tipton said...

Oh, I just love all the pictures! So sweet. & sleeping in an hour is totally the best.gift.ever!!

hello erin said...

these pictures are adorable. and it seriously sounds like the PERFECT little sunday. majorly perfect. and claire. i can't believe how big she's getting!! between her and owen you have THE cutest family!!

Jenny said...

That sounds like the perfect little Sunday and what a bonus it was Mother's Day! Such sweet pictures too!

Ashley @ Words About Waverly said...

What a sweet fam, glad you are doing well sweet mama!!

E Hayes said...

Welcome back, and soooo true about nursing! I nursed A in my car a handful of times and mall dressing rooms... K? I nursed her the other night at dinner (with a cover of course) the playground, friends and family houses without excusing myself to another room, doctors office waiting rooms, and probably some other pretty "public" places. Kids got to eat and seeing me covered by a blanket is better than listening to her cry! So funny how things like that change! Can't wait to hear about the fort!

Amy said...

Looks like the perfect Mother's Day, friend! Owen looks a year older with that hair cut! Handsome boy! And that Claire! Pretty little lady!

the girl in the red shoes said...

Awww so sweet! Happy Mother's day to one beautiful and amazing mama!

the girl in the red shoes said...

Awww so sweet! Happy Mother's day to one beautiful and amazing mama!

Amanda said...

Welcome back!!!!! Sounds like a sweet Mom's Day!!!! Can't wait to hear about Easter and the fort! ;) have a fabulous day!

Courtney said...

A new post from you always makes me happy :)

Oh the first giggles! I still remember Abigail's. It made me cry it was the best sound I'd ever heard!

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

This really is the sweetest way to spend mother's day! Simple things with your beautiful family, doesn't get any better - except with the addition of giggles =) I remember Aria's first, such a great moment...and so cute! Happy belated Mother's day!

Sarah V said...

Sounds like an awesome day! You'll have to check out these pro nursing in public ads created by UNT students if you haven't seen them.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5296492

Sara Elizabeth said...

Happy Mother's Day Emily!!! Looks like a perfect day!!

Elizabeth {Chasin' Mason} said...

YAY you're back! Glad you had a great Mother's Day! It sounds amazing. And that last picture of Owen. Too funny. Mason ended his day the same... minus the lawn mower on the couch :) Welcome back mama!

Ashley said...

Oh my, such sweet pictures! And baby giggles?! What a perfect weekend! I can't wait to hear about that fort :)

Sara McCarty said...

Lovely day, lovely family, lovely post. I've missed your blogging, but you have a great excuse for being gone! I worry that I may never blog again once Mim arrives. You guys look fabulous! The kids are getting so big!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS