Thursday, May 15, 2014

DIY Bow & Headband Holder

Do you ever have those posts that you start but for one reason or another they don't get published? This is one I drafted right before Claire was born. I already enjoy looking back at how excited I was to have this sweet girl. I could've never imagined how much she would change my life. And though I still think all the accessorizing is so much fun, there is so much more I am grateful for about having my girl. Her smile lights up the room, her chubby, chubby checks are impossible not to pinch, and her eyes melt my heart. I can't wait for all the fun times ahead but for now I am soaking up every minute of this baby stage that goes by entirely too fast. ( And sticking a bow on her every chance I get! Ha)

*******************************************************************************




I have to admit, one thing I am really looking forward to about having a little girl is all the fun accessorizing.  From bows to headbands, scarves to jewelry, I just can't wait! (and now that I've said this my little girl will probably refuse to wear bow, and only want to dress like her brother..:) Either way, Claire already has a fair amount of hair bows and headbands that need to be organized.

When my Mom found this sheer gold polka dot fabric and the white canvas half price at Hobby Lobby we knew we wanted to use it in Claire's room, we just weren't certain how yet. As the bow stash grew (again, thanks to Mimi) I knew we were going to need a cute little something to hold all the pretties.




Here's what you'll need to make your own... 



Supplies:

  • A canvas (ours was 18"x 18") 
  • Fabric to wrap canvas 
  • Fabric to make a big bow
  • Staple gun
  • Needle and thread or spray glue adhesive
  • Fabric glue
  • Ribbon for hanging

Wrap your canvas with your background fabric. 

 


Make your bow. We made it in two parts and then stitched it together. But you could also use spray glue adhesive or fabric glue.



Attach bow to canvas with spray adhesive or sew it on to the canvas. 


Hang with ribbon and then fill 'er up! 


and I'm really glad we have two hooks above this bow holder for all the headbands! 


How do you keep your little ones accessories organized? 


Happy Thursday, friends. 



Things around here are interesting. Naps this week have been less than stellar. We are having our porch redone so the constant nail gun, sawing, and hammering don't really make for the best napping environment!! It might be time to pour a glass of wine. 



8 comments:

Courtney said...

Cute idea!!!

This makes me think instead of "put a bird on it" put a bow on it! lol.

Meg {henninglove} said...

this is such a darling idea emily! shoot i wish i had a girl so i could hang up all of your bows

Lili said...

adorable idea!

Amanda {Kids and Cabernet} said...

So pretty, what a great idea!

Ashley @ Life on the Parsons Farm said...

Love it. I too have a ton of bows and headbands for Ellie and had to DIY a holder for her too. I will have to post about mine!!

atparsons.blogspot.com

hello erin said...

This is way cuter than lex's jar of bows we have going on at our house!

Amanda said...

Super cute and even more fabulous since it is unique!! :)

Sarah said...

SUPER cute and I better get used to learning how to do girly projects like this!! :)

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS