Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Year In Review

Our 2012 Year in a Nutshell post is still one of my all time favorites to look back on. I know it's really just a repeat of all of the past posts of the year but it's really fun to see a big ol' summary of all the fun we had in one kind of long... okay, super long, picture overloaded post. So to continue with the tradition-here is our 2013 Year End Review...


January

We celebrated New Year's (and Mimi's bday!) with Mimi, Uncle Matt and Aunt Rachel in town. I continued the Mommy and Me Link Up with Leah. Owen continued to grow and develop and loved "chasing/crawling" after Marley he also started crawling up the stairs which was just a tad bit nerve wracking for Momma. I also continued Owen's Monthly Letter book for his first birthday. And we went on our first little overnight getaway with friends to Austin. (also worth noting, I found out one of my bestie's was expecting baby #2)






February

Celebrated Valentine's Day with my two loves.  Shared a little about myself here and here.

PicMonkey Collage

March

All things First Birthday! Started planning Owen's One Year Portraits.  Watched my little guy develop into a sweet little toddler right before my eyes. Made a Spring Bucket List, linked up Owen's cute little Easter basket and had an impromptu photo session with our good friends


DSC_1364

DSC_1344

DSC_1447


ofriendbday3

April

I guest posted over at my friend Darci's blog and shared Summer Playdate Ideas.


We celebrated my 30th birthday with friends at the beach.



May

I shared my favorite Mom-moments and Owen's prayer book with a blank template for others to use at Down with the Dearmore's 



celebrated Mother's Day with my sweet Momma and we celebrated my SIL's birthday with a Mimosa Bar.




IMG_5026

 Prayed for Oklahoma.  Shared four unique ways to use Ikea Curtains, and our plans for our new deck. 

PicMonkey Collage

Outdoor dining

June

Made a Summer Bucket List. Co-hosted a baby shower for sweet baby Sterling and his Momma. 




And talked about all the important stuff in life. 

DSC_0238

July

Guest posted over at Jillian's blog about my "dream house." Celebrated the 4th of July.

_

 Shared our beach family pictures.  Went on our first trip to Colorado.




  And shared our big news! 



August

Made a few more trips to the beach.




And then started dreaming about the Fall. Shared my favorite football food and watched a lot of football, or "BALL" as Owen likes to call it.




September

Co-hosted a fun Link Up, Celebrated our 5 year Anniversary, and announced we were having a GIRL! 

Toys for expanding Speech and Language





October

Shared our Nursery Design Steps and plan for Claire's nursery.

sweet and chic baby girl nursery

sweet and chic nursery continued

Had a virtual PJ party. 



And had a great Halloween with our little golfer. (thanks to Darci for the costume)




November

Shared some simple/everyday moments with my family. Created a random play space/nook in our bathroom cabinet for Owen. 





Had a great Thanksgiving with our family in Springtown and picked out our 2013 Christmas Card by Bella Carta Boutique.



December

I finally got brave and shared my "wild.free simple living" vision board AND launched Dear Owen: Everyday Speech and Language. 

Dear Owen

I shared simple gift packages and language enrichment place mats. I also shared about the Language Enrichment Planner I created. We had a fun Christmas Party with friends. Participated in a blog friends gift exchange. 







Shared our Christmas Home "tour" and then spent the rest of the month celebrating Christmas! 






There is no doubt that 2013 was one fantastic, eventful and fun filled year. I can only imagine what 2014 has in store for us. I am so grateful for this little space here, for the friendships I have made, the journal it helps me keep and for the opportunities it has given me. God has blessed me more than I can ever thank him for and I only hope and pray to give him the glory, always and forever. Thank you to all my sweet friends (readers) for a fantastic year!!!! Love to you all, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!




5 comments:

Courtney said...

Happy New Year, lady!!

I'm loving all of these Year In Review posts! Your's is great :)

hello erin said...

whew! WHAT A YEAR! a great amazing and awesome year!! i have a feeling 2014 is going to be even better!!! cheers (with sparkling cider of course!).

Paige said...

What a great year! Happy 2014!

Amy said...

Happy New Year sweet girl! Wishing you & your wonderful family a healthy & happy new year! So excited for Claire to arrive!

Courtney Sweet said...

Happy New Year! Love love the recap =) Gets me thinking about my 2013 in such a good way. The v-day bum kiss is the cutest idea, oh man!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS